Monday, January 16

September 4’ 2011 Demolition

Here are some photos of the demolition of their old home. It was a bittersweet moment. A lot of family and extended family memories in that house. Many holiday dinners shared with my sister-in-law's wonderful Italian cooking. Tons of birthday parties, Christmas', Easters, Thanksgivings, even wine tasting get-togethers with friends and family and the list goes on and on. 30 plus years of memories. But, they have waited for a new home for many years and now they can have it. They have thought the interior design through with great insight to their "senior" years and going "green" with their choice of energy and construction products. More will be discussed in later posts.


Demolition  (1) 
Demolition-the back of the house – first floor is the original structure built around the early 1900’s

Demolition  (2) 
Demolition-the south front-the blue structure was a porch built in the 1950’s and enclosed sometime before 1979

Demolition  (3) 
Almost down!!

Demolition  (4) 
All gone

Demolition  (5) 
All gone again


Demolition  (7) 
Just watching

Demolition  (8)

Demolition  (9)
I thought there would be more debris

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I do not know how I would feel actually watching the demolition of the house I have lived in for 30 years. Perhaps I would be emotional--perhaps the adrenaline of the demolition itself would make me feel excitement and energy, especially with the prospect of building a new home to fill with beautiful memories. I'm glad they are using green materials and energy--that is one of my goals for my family's future. Excellent post, Pam! I cannot wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete